When it comes to keeping your children safe within the school whose responsibility is it? Do you play a role? If you answered the school is responsible we agree. However, you can and need to be involved. We often find schools doing what is required versus what is best. For instance the state you live in may have mandated training, your school locates someone from local law enforcement to come in and conduct an "Active Shooter Workshop". Often this training follows the Homeland Securities guidelines of HIDE-FLIGHT-FIGHT.
Some communities will even do mock shooter training where local law enforcement practice entering the building and taking out the shooter. Here is the problem, in both training scenarios there will be mass casualties. In Dayton, Ohio the shooter was neutralized in 30 seconds and he managed to kill 9 and seriously injure 30 people.
Sun Lite Security Training Systems believe that if you want to give your child the best chance of never encountering an Active Shooter situation, then your school needs a complete approach. A complete approach means it is not enough nor should it be acceptable that your schools training protocol accepts the notion death is inevitable, and based on the training we describe that is the conclusion.
The Complete Approach also does not assume your schools resource officer is well trained. A National study showed that your hometowns police officer only hits their intended target 18% of the time, while under duress.
Communities and parents whose children have fallen victim to an active shooter have gone to their local politicians and said your not doing enough to PREVENT Active Shootings! Under pressure to find answers authorities went toward the obvious, these shooters must be mentally ill, we need to prevent these shootings by focussing on identifying mental illness cases within our community.
HUGE CHALLENGES FOCUSING ON MENTAL HEALTH
1. Mental Health patience have laws protecting their privacy, which includes law enforcement having limited ability to identify a person with Mental Health issues.
2. Less than 1% of people identified with having Mental Health Issues commit Mass Shooting, in fact they often are the victims. This has led the FBI to say Mental Health is a poor indicator to identifying who will be the next Mass Shooter.
3. All though it is easy to agree a Mass Shooter must be mentally ill, we also know that 90% of Mass Shooters would pass a mental health assessment.
There are three things we know about Mass Shooters
1. They almost always announce their intentions.
2. There is a trigger or event that sets their plan into motion.
3. There are identifiable changes in behavior due to increased levels of aggression.
Because we know this, we train school staff and appropriate people how to IDENTIFY, VERIFY, DOCUMENT, and RESPOND to behavioral changes and indicators, instead of mental health. Our system does not violate laws in place, it is far more predictable. When you follow our proven system it becomes easy to identify a persons change in behavior and aggression level.
The CAPS SYSTEM we use to identify aggression has been around for 25 years. It has been proven reliable and effective.
OUR 4 STEP SYSTEM TO PREVENT THE NEXT SCHOOL SHOOTER.
Step 1. We train school faculty how to effectively respond to an active shooter. We train the Staff, parents and students on Situational Awareness.
Step 2. We provide your Student Resource Officer with live situational firearms training with state of art training equipment far superior to most state training facilities.
Step 3. We provide your School with its own customized app. This app is a true school app focusing on the day to day events within the school as well as communication needs of the school including topics such as school lunch, book fees, school activities, fundraisers, announcements, virtual parent teacher conference, and much more. Within the app are safety buttons allowing your students, and faculty to get assistance immediately and provide respondents with pertinent information. This includes the identity of the person in need, their location, nature of emergency, and if situation allows, live audio and video feed from location.
Step 4. We provide school staff with the Certified Aggression Management System. This provides your faculty with the ability to identify, record, and respond to aggression before it escalates to mass violence. This is a much more reliable indicator of potential violence and made easy through the the CAPS App that is built into the staff members school app.
SUN LITE SECURITY IS RAPIDLY BECOMING THE LEADER IN SCHOOL SAFETY BECAUSE WE OFFER THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION TO YOUR SCHOOLS SAFETY.
This system is available to your school as a complete package or ala carte. Sun Lite Security can:
1. Assist your school with locating and securing grant funding.
2. Assist your school with outside funding, in fact 90% of the time we can find the funds to cover all costs.
3. Make your school the safest environment possible for your students and faculty.
4. Provide state of the art security equipment to fortify your school buildings, from surveillance equipment, metal detection, secure door entry systems, to protective glass, non lethal arming of personnel and much more.
WATCH THESE VIDEOS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CAPS.